Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Kraft. Marinating time not included. Zaar wouldn't accept it but the balsamic vinaigrette is meant to be balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette (Salad dressing, Kraft good seasons made with olive oil recommended)
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat olive oil mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 roasted peppers (cut in half)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Marinate chicken in dressing 30 minutes in fridge.
- Discard marinade and fry chicken in a pan on medium heat till cooked through (about 5 minutes each side).
- spread bread with mayo.
- Fill with the rest of ingredients making 4 sandwiches.
- Cook in panini maker on medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
This morning's very tasty breakfast. I scaled it back for one, so used a suitable-sized piece of chicken I'd put aside last night while preparing another dish. I used baby spinach leaves and added some thin slices of mushrooms (enough to cover the bread) and thyme. I wasn't sure what olive oil mayonnaise was (I must try to seek it out) so I used regular mayonnaise. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Michelle!