Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is also an ancient Mexican recipe, delicious enchiladas dressed with a sauce made of peanuts and Pasilla peppers. Excelent side dish for Carne Asada (grilled beef or chicken).
- 1) Wash and remove the seeds and stems from the pasilla peppers.
- 2) Boil the peppers in water for aprox 1 - 2 minutes and let stand until cool.
- 3) In a blender add the peanuts, boiled peppers and enough water to make a thick sauce.
- 4) Bring the sauce to a boil in a medium sauce pan and cook for 10 minutes on medium to low heat and add salt to taste.
- 5) Remove from heat and use the tortillas one by one by placing them first in the sauce, then using two forks turn them over to coat evenly and roll in to a taco form, finally place them on a platter next to each other.
- 6) Repeat step 5 until you have used all the tortillas and drizzle the remaining sauce over the Panile enchiladas.
- 7) Great main dish, or side dish, for grilled beef of chicken.