Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I threw this together from things around the kitchen one night when I had unexpected guests. Turned out so well I wrote it down. A quick and easy, one pot dinner. Please note the measurements for spices are approximate; I usually spice things on-the-fly so these are only a guess at how much I actually used. Feel free to fiddle.
- 1892.0 ml chicken broth
- 1 onion, pureed
- 473.18 ml Cajun-style sausage, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, diced (~1 inch cubes)
- 2 potatoes, diced (~1 inch cubes)
- 113.39 g can mushrooms (or fresh)
- 283.49 g frozen spinach, drained (or 14 oz can)
- 396.89 g can stewed tomatoes
- 396.89 g can whole corn, drained
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml rosemary
- 1.23 ml gumbo file
- Put broth on a low heat to simmer. Add onion, sausage, chicken, mushroom, spinach, tomatoes, corn, and all spices except File.
- Simmer at low boil for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potato, continue to simmer another 10-15 minutes until potatoes are done, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, sample broth to see if the spices are acceptable.
- Add File just before serving.