Recipe by Sandhi R.
Make Pani Puri at home, Snacks recipe for Pani Puri with Sandhira Khana Khazana recipes http://recipes.sandhira.com/pani-puri.html
- 1 cup semolina
- 2 tablespoons refined flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- water, as required (For Dough)
- oil, for fry
- 3 -4 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons mint powder
- 1 -2 green chili paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mango powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chat masala
- 1 large potato, Boiled and Soaked
- 1⁄4 cup yellow chickpeas, Boiled and Soaked
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 coriander leaves, Chopped
- 1 onion, Chopped
- nylon sev
Directions See How It's Made
- Step 1: Take a bowl sieve semolina and refined flour together then add baking powder and salt as taste. Knead smooth dough with help of required water. Keep it covered and set aside for 10 -15 minutes.
- Step 2: Knead the dough once again then make lemon sized balls. Roll out each ball about a 2 inch diameter thin puri with help of roller board. Repeat this with remaining dough. Make sure that remaining dough should be covered.
- Step 3: Heat oil in a bottomed pan and deep fry puris from both of sides till the golden and crispy. Drain on absorbent paper
- Step 4: For pani, mix mint powder, green chili paste, ginger paste, mango powder, cumin powder, chat masala and salt to taste in chilled water. Combined well.
- Step 5: For filling, mix boiled potato, yellow chickpeas, red chili powder, coriander leaves and salt in a bowl. Keep aside
- Step 6: Make a small hole on top of the each puri, put potato stuff inside the puri and add little pani in each puri now sprinkle onion and sev over the puris and serve.