I had this once before at a church function and I had to search the internet looking for it. Anyways, I found it and because it wasn't on zaar I thought I should post it here. This was the caption on the recipe "Delicious Hawaiian bread that anyone will love - even those who don't like coconut! Eat it for desert or with any meat hot off the grill. Taste great warm or cool."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Coat your hands with cooking spray or shortening, and roll the dough balls in your hands so that they have a light coating.
- 3Place in the prepared dish. Set aside in a warm place to rise until doubled, up to 2 hours.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 5In a small bowl, stir together the coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk and sugar. Pour this mixture over the top of the rolls as evenly as you can.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
- 7Let cool for a few minutes before separating and serving.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pani Popo (Hawaiian Coconut Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.8
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 167.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g