Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This mustard is infused with bittersweet beer and given an international spin. Toasting the black mustard seeds pull out some of the heat and give the mustard a slightly nutty flavor. But don't worry, the heat is added back in with the inclusion of wasabi. It's quite spicy, but in a good way. A little goes a long way with this recipe.
- Toast the black mustard seeds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until they turn slightly gray and become fragrant.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except wasabi paste, and cover.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and blend until desired mixture is achieved. It can be left chunky or blended smooth depending on preference.
- Add wasabi, a pinch at a time, to the mixture and stir in completely, tasting until desired heat is achieved. Keep in mind that mustard heat diminishes over the first few weeks.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in refrigerator.