Queen uh Cuisine's Note:
Usually broiled or grilled, flank steak is cooked on the stove here, then topped with a garlicky rosemary and mushroom ragout. Enjoy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 200°F
- 2Pat steak dry. Mix together salt and pepper in a small bowl, then rub three fourths of salt mixture on both sides of steak.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté meat, turning over once, 6 to 8 minutes total for rare (depending on thickness of steak).
- 4Transfer to a baking pan and keep warm in oven while making ragout.
- 5Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in uncleaned skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté garlic, rosemary, and red-pepper flakes, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 6Add mushrooms and remaining salt mixture and sauté, stirring frequently and scraping up any brown bits, until mushrooms are tender but still juicy, 6 to 7 minutes.
- 7Add tomatoes with their juice and sugar, then simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by about two thirds, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 8Transfer steak to a cutting board and pour any meat juices from baking pan into mushroom ragout. Holding knife at a 45-degree angle, cut steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve topped with ragout.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panfried Flank Steak With Mushroom Ragout
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.3
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 1039.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 40.2 g