Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a tasty way to serve chicken livers, which are delicious and inexpensive. Serve with saffron butter rice.
- 300 g chicken livers
- 6 slice bacon, diced
- 236.59 ml chopped mushroom
- 1 diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 handful chopped sage or 14.79 ml fresh thyme
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 59.14 ml chicken stock
- Soak the chicken livers for 45 minutes then drain and dry.
- Saute the onion in the butter and olive oil til soft.
- Add garlic.
- Add bacon and fry til bacon is cooked.
- Add mushrooms and fry til soft.
- Chop the chicken livers in half.
- Add chicken livers to pan and brown.
- Add white wine and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer and simmer for five minutes.
- Add chicken stock.
- Cover and cook for approximately ten to fifteen minutes until reduced and chicken livers are cooked through.
- Add fresh herbs and stir through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.