Recipe by becy
This is a tasty way to serve chicken livers, which are delicious and inexpensive. Serve with saffron butter rice.
- 300 g chicken livers
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful chopped sage or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the chicken livers for 45 minutes then drain and dry.
- Saute the onion in the butter and olive oil til soft.
- Add garlic.
- Add bacon and fry til bacon is cooked.
- Add mushrooms and fry til soft.
- Chop the chicken livers in half.
- Add chicken livers to pan and brown.
- Add white wine and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer and simmer for five minutes.
- Add chicken stock.
- Cover and cook for approximately ten to fifteen minutes until reduced and chicken livers are cooked through.
- Add fresh herbs and stir through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.