Recipe by Shoppohollic
This chicken is delicious it bathed in a rich and creamy sauce. You definitely need to serve mashed potatoes and rolls with this meal to soak up all excess gravy.
Top Review by Ms B.
This was a simple recipe with nice flavor, but in the future, I would reduce the amount of cream cheese. The sauce was VERY thick and became almost pasty when baked. I would eliminate the chicken bouillon and use chicken broth for additional liquid, also. I served this with steamed asparagus and crusty bread for mopping the sauce. My husband enjoyed it, but I would tailor the recipe to suit our tastes better in the future.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices gruyere or 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham (i prefer black forest)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (8 ounce) bar cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon cube
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- -Preheat oven to 375.
- -Season chicken breast with salt & pepper. Then panfry in cooking oil for about 8min. or until fully cooked and no longer pink in the center.
- -Remove chicken from pan and cover to keep warm. Add the wine to the pan and pick up all dripping from bottom of pan with spatula. Then add chicken boulion and bring to a boil.
- -Lightly grease casserole dish. Place chicken in dish and cover each piece of chicken with ham & cheese slice.
- -Cut the softened cream cheese into small pieces and then add to the boiling wine mixture. Mix well until cheesse is melted and smooth.
- -Pour sauce over chicken.
- -Bake in the oven for about 13min.