1/2 Photos of Panfried Brussels Sprouts With a New Flavour
Well, on Zaar we have done lots and lots of interesting things with brussels sprouts, to improve the popularity of the nutritious little green balls! Here is yet another quick and easy variation. (About liquor: even if you don't serve liquor in your house, but have no other objection, it's worth keeping bottles of sherry, brandy, port, vermouth, liqueurs and wines tucked away on a pantry shelf! Comes in so handy in cooking, and remember, the alcohol burns away. Buy one type per month to spread the expense, until you have a little hoard just for cooking. They last for years!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large frying pan, heat the oil over high heat.
- 2Add the sprouts and shake pan a little. Season sprouts with salt and pepper.
- 3Stirfry for 3 minutes, then add the caraway seeds (or flaked almonds). Shake pan, and stir often, until sprouts start to char on the outside. Add more oil if necessary.
- 4Now add the vermouth or brandy to the pan. Stir well, cook for another minute or so, and they're done.
- 5Serve hot, as soon as possible.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panfried Brussels Sprouts With a New Flavour
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.0
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 420.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g