Another winning low carb entree! This calls for bone in chicken breasts with skin, which keeps the meat exceptionally juicy. You could sub skinless, boneless breasts, but make sure to adjust cooking time and temp so the meat does not dry out. From Gourmet magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mince garlic and mash to a paste with salt using a large heavy knife.
- 2Mash together butter, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic paste with a fork until well blended.
- 3Pat chicken dry.
- 4Cut a 2-inch-long pocket horizontally in side of each chicken breast half and fill each pocket with 2 teaspoons oregano garlic butter.
- 5Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 6Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook chicken, skin sides down, uncovered, until well browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 7Turn chicken over and cover skillet, then cook until chicken is just cooked through about 10 minutes more.
- 8Spread remaining oregano garlic butter over skin of chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panfired Chicken Breasts with Oregano Garlic Butter
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.8
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 84.5 mg
- Sodium 193.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 15.3 g