1/2 Photos of Panettone French Toast
Great for a special breakfast or brunch. Easy but so delicious. Taken from Giada (Everyday Italian).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the syrup: Combine 1 cup of water and brown sugar in a heavy medium saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- 3Boil until the syrup reduces to 1 cup, about 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat and whisk in the cream and cinnamon.
- 5Keep the syrup warm. (The syrup can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm before serving.).
- 6Meanwhile, prepare the French toast: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- 7Trim the bottom crust of the panettone.
- 8Starting at the bottom end of the panettone, cut it crosswise into 6 (3/4-inch thick) round slices (reserve the top piece for toast!).
- 9In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until well blended.
- 10Add the cream, milk, and sugar and whisk until well mixed.
- 11Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on a large nonstick griddle over medium heat.
- 12Dip 3 slices of panettone into the custard, turning to allow both sides to absorb the custard.
- 13Grill the soaked panettone slices until they are golden brown and firm to the touch, about 4 minutes per side.
- 14Transfer the French toast to a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven.
- 15Repeat with the remaining butter, panettone slices, and custard.
- 16Transfer the French toast to plates.
- 17Dollop the mascarpone atop each.
- 18Lightly dust with the powdered sugar.
- 19Drizzle the cinnamon syrup over and around the French toast and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panettone French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.0
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 246.8 mg
- Sodium 109.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 45.6 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: