1 hr 5 mins
na #2's Note:
By Auntie Bob
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and-cooled
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 3 cups chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1What you do:.
- 2Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 3Grease a clean, empty 1-pound coffee can.
- 4Line bottom with a piece of waxed paper, cut to fit, and grease paper.
- 5In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale yellow, about 5 minutes.
- 6Beat in melted butter, lemon peel and extracts.
- 7In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt and blend into egg mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- 8Stir in almonds, raisins and dried fruit.
- 9Pour batter into prepared can and place on a baking sheet.
- 10Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until bread is well browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Cool bread in can for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
- 12(You may have to cut out the bottom of the can to push out cake.) To serve, cut into slices or wedges.
- 13Makes 1 loaf.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panettone Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7279.7
- Calories from Fat 1987
- Total Fat 220.7 g
- Saturated Fat 72.3 g
- Cholesterol 676.8 mg
- Sodium 6556.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1268.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 82.8 g
- Sugars 596.8 g
- Protein 127.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of