Recipe by Canadian_in_the_Bay
This is the panettone my grandmother has always made. It has a slight lemon flavour and a more "cakey" consistency than regular panettone.
Top Review by Mia #3
Hello from Portugal. I just love Panettone. One of my cousins went to Italy a few years ago for holidays and brough back this lovely cake. I've made this cake in various ways, but yours is the most simple to make, so I STICK to your receipe and just add in the raisins and candied orange, I grate it as I don't like to see chunks . Makes a very lovely cake you can wrap it and give as a gift like I've done. Thanks for the delightful receipe.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄8 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 7⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a bowl. In another large bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, lemon rind, and oil with an electric mixer.
- Continue mixing with electric mixer and slowly add in all of the flour.
- Empty batter into tube pan and place in oven. Let bake for 1 hour or until cake tester comes out dry.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in pan and then empty onto a cooling rack. Do not cut into it until it has cooled.