Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This hot treat is quick and easy to make. Just pick up a loaf of Ciabatta or French bread from your neighborhood Panera Bread and some premium-quality bittersweet chocolate from your grocery.
- 2 slices of panera ciabatta or 2 slices French bread
- 1 ounce premium bittersweet chocolate
- The amount of chocolate used varies depending upon the type of bread you use. The idea is to cover one piece of bread with about 3/8 inch of chocolate.
- Place chocolate on one slice of bread, arranging evenly and up to 1/2 inch from all edges to allow space for chocolate to melt.
- Cover with the other slice of bread.
- Toast on a panini grill, or in a 500° F oven for 5 minutes on each side.
- Use tongs to turn the panini to avoid being burned by very hot chocolate drips. Remove from oven when both sides are lightly toasted and chocolate melts.
- Cool briefly before serving.
- Warning — the chocolate will be very hot when the panini comes out of the oven. Resist the temptation to bite into it right away! Be sure to cool it a little while. It will be worth the wait.