Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
After much searching, I found this recipe for Panera's chicken salad on a message board. NOTE: This claims to be the chicken salad spread that Panera sells on sandwich bread, not a lettuce-leaf salad with chicken in it. I'll post a rating and let you know how close it is to the real thing after I make it.
- 4 lbs chicken, cut up
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 3⁄4 cup fresh horseradish, peeled, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- spicy deli mustard
- red onion, sliced
- tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F Rinse the chicken pieces in cold water and pat dry. Season with salt, pepper, and half of the oil. Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer in a roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes, remove from oven, and set aside to cool. Once cooled, discard the skin, pull the meat from the bone, and shred.
- In medium bowl, whisk together remaining oil, mayonnaise, cilantro, horseradish, lime juice, and paprika. Fold in the shredded chicken and season to taste.
- Serve with deli mustard, sliced red onion, and tomato on your favorite sandwich bread (sourdough is great) or halved croissants.