A very good broccoli cheese soup. Served with crusty bread.
Make and share this Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄4 medium chopped onion
- 1⁄8 cup melted butter
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 lb fresh broccoli (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 to taste salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 to taste crusty bread
- Sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
- Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and add the half & half.
- Add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Can be puréed in a blender but I don't. Return to heat and add cheese. Stir in nutmeg.
- Serve with crusty bread and Enjoy :).