Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 loaf pesto focaccia bread
- 8 ounces freshly sliced turkey
- 4 ounces spinach artichoke spread (Available at your local grocer)
- 2 ounces asiago cheese (asiago parmesan blend)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 -2 tomatoes, sliced (6-8 slices)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat panini grill to medium temperature. In a medium sauce pan, sauté diced red onion in olive oil until transparent. Add balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the loaf of pesto focaccia into two semi-circles, and halve each semi-circle. Layer the turkey onto the bottom halves of the focaccia bread, and spread spinach artichoke mix over turkey. Layer sautéed onions, asiago/parmesan blend and tomato slices. Close face of panini with the top halves of focaccia bread.
- Add panini to preheated grill and press lightly. Grill 5 minutes on medium or until the cheese begins to melt and there are grill marks on the focaccia bread.
- Serve hot with chips or your favorite soup!
This is a great sandwich. I have never ordered this at Panera and now I won't every need to because it is so easy to make at home with this recipe. I did substitute some leftover chicken for the sliced turkey. Yum!
Thanks so much for sharing! I love this sandwich and am excited I can make it at home now! It was absolutely spot on!
This is my favorite sandwich from Panera Bread. I loved this recipe it is just like the real version!