I've never been to Panera Bread, so I couldn't tell you if this is similar. I can tell you it's delicious and simple to make. I didn't have bacon, but it's still delicious even without. I topped mine with cheese and left the skin on my potatoes. Recipe courtesy of Lynn's Kitchen Adventures (she found a copy cat version of the recipe and tweaked it to her liking). YUMMY! Serving size is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine broth, potatoes, and spices.
- 2Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- 3Smash a few potatoes to release the starch for thickening.
- 4If you like it chunky just smash a small amount of potato, but if you want it smooth smash more potatoes.
- 5Reduce to low heat and add cream cheese.
- 6Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.
- 7Ladle into bowls.
- 8Sprinkle a little bacon over each bowl of soup.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panera Bread's Creamy Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.0
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 921.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: