Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My local Panera no longer makes this salad, my favorite! I found this on a TV station website, supposedly directly from Panera. I have not yet made this version; I am putting it here for safe keeping until I can tinker with it.
- 2 cups greens
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 ounces balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 ounce gorgonzola
- 1⁄8 cup walnuts
- 2 ounces steak (sliced thin and seasoned or you can omit for a vegetarian version)
- Grill the seasoned steak filets.
- Combine the field greens and romaine; add the dressing and toss with tongs. Mound the lettuce mixture on a serving plate.
- Evenly distribute the walnuts over the top of the lettuce; sprinkle Gorgonzola evenly over the salad.
- Place the seasoned steak filets on top.
- Serve with warm bread.
Good and easy. Used a soy marinated flank steak.
I really like this quick and easy, and very delicious salad. I used romaine and spinach for the greens, pecans and grated parmesan as I don't really care for gorgonzola. So easy to make ~ put the greens together while the steak was grilling. Will definitely make this often over the summer months, when we eat a lot of grilled meats and salads due to the heat. Thanks for posting. Made for ZAAR COOKBOOK Tag, May 2010!
This was a very quick and nice salad. Only change I will make next time is to cut back a little on the cheese it was a little overpowering. But a great salad.