Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was for the Italian category for Zaar World Tour. Haven't made this yet but I have had it many times at Panera and its wonderful. Great when summer tomatoes and basil are bountiful!
- 1 loaf focaccia bread
- 5 -6 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- red onion, sliced paper thin
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- balsamic vinaigrette
- Cut bread into four wedges, place on plate. Gently toss tomatoes, basil and red onion together. Place 1/4 mixture on each wedge of bread, top with 1/4 of cheese cubes. Pour about 2 ounce of dressing over each.
- Serves 4 or it can be divided to serve 8 as a side dish.
We absolutely love this salad! Would be nice as a sandwich too, I'm sure.
This was very good! I used Chiabatta bread and just mixed all the ingredients together. Then cut the bread into wedges and spooned it onto the bread. This will make a great appetizer this summer. Thanks!
This happens to come in a sandwich version at Corner Bakery, and is my favorite thing on their menu, so I knew I would love this recipe. It was sooooo good. Normally I detest tomatoes, but with the balsamic vinegar & oil, salt pepper, and I added a dash of garlic powder, it takes away the watery tomatoey taste that I don't like. I will make this again many times, thanks so much for posting it!