Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made these for dinner tonight, and oh, boy are they yummy! I added the cilantro into the mayo mixture to make things easier! Hot, spicy and easy dinner fare!
Tex Mex Mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 4 slices panera tomato-basil bread
- 8 slices crisply fried turkey bacon
- 6 thin slices ripe tomatoes
- thin slices avocado
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- washed lettuce leaf
- Mix the mayonnaise with chili powder and jalapeno pepper; set aside.
- Spread Tex Mex Mayonnaise on two slices of tomato basil bread.
- Pile on bacon, tomato, avocado, cilantro sprigs and lettuce and top with other slice of bread.
Very good! I added the cilantro into the sauce and added a little extra chili powder and jalapeno. I really liked the avocado on this. Used fully cooked microwavable bacon (love that stuff...so fast and no mess!) and an Asiago cheese bread toasted.
Here is a wonderful sandwich to eat on a hot day! Big-super filling, healthy, attractive, and easy to assemble. I made as posted except with half of the sauce and that seemed adequate to us. We also had fewer bacon strips and that was fine too. Next time I will put the cilantro into the sauce. I made this with Bacon and Tomato Bread as we do not have a Panera's within 130 miles of here -but they do have great bread! Thanks Cooks4_6 for posting. Made for PRMR tag.