Recipe by Punky Julster
Recipe from Panera Bread. It's really good!
Top Review by MaddysMom
This WAS really good. I thought some of the amounts were a little off (too much butter, too much cinnamom), but it's really easy to adjust to your taste. I served these at a dinner party for an appetizer and they were a huge hit. I was looking for an easy way to serve brie, not wanting to mess around making a pretty platter of bread, crackers, and fruit, and this was perfect.
- 12 slices sourdough baguettes
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) brie cheese
- 4 -5 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter (arrange butter side up on baking sheet).
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup brown sugar, and 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each slice of bread.
- Save remaining mixture.
- Toast bread at 375 for 5 minutes.
- Top each slice with 1 slice of Brie cheese.
- Place back in oven for 4-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss strawberries, vanilla and remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture in large bowl.
- Spoon strawberry mixture over each slice. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.