Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
Had this at Panera's!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
1 loaf Panera Sourdough bread
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, cut in 1-inch slices
- 1/3 cup prepared caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- red onion, halved
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1Mince 2 to 4 cloves garlic (4 is great if you love garlic), and set aside. Cut chicken in 1/4-inch slices. Heat olive oil in skillet and saute garlic for 30 seconds, or until fragrance is released. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with pepper. Turn off heat and set aside.
- 2Grill or broil bread until lightly toasted, about 1 minute per side.
- 3In bowl, toss together romaine, salad dressing, Parmesan, red onion and chicken. Season to taste with pepper. Pile onto 4 slices of toast, top with remaining toast and serve with tomatoes on the side, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- 4Picnic packing instructions: Saute chicken in garlic and cool a little. Pack in plastic container and refrigerate.
- 5Place toast in a plastic bag and pack. (Do not seal bag or toast will become soggy.).
- 6Place lettuce in large resealable bowl. Pour salad dressing into plastic container. Spoon cheese into plastic container. Pack red onion and tomatoes, if using, in a plastic bag.
- 7Refrigerate everything except toast until transporting to picnic. Pack everything except toast in cooler with ice or cold packs. (Pack toast at room temperature.).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panera Bread’s Chicken Caesar Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.6
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 1070.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 32.4 g