Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Had this at Panera's!
1 loaf Panera Sourdough bread
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, cut in 1-inch slices
- 1⁄3 cup prepared caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- red onion, halved
- 1 tomatoes, cut into wedges (optional)
- Mince 2 to 4 cloves garlic (4 is great if you love garlic), and set aside. Cut chicken in 1/4-inch slices. Heat olive oil in skillet and saute garlic for 30 seconds, or until fragrance is released. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with pepper. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Grill or broil bread until lightly toasted, about 1 minute per side.
- In bowl, toss together romaine, salad dressing, Parmesan, red onion and chicken. Season to taste with pepper. Pile onto 4 slices of toast, top with remaining toast and serve with tomatoes on the side, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Picnic packing instructions: Saute chicken in garlic and cool a little. Pack in plastic container and refrigerate.
- Place toast in a plastic bag and pack. (Do not seal bag or toast will become soggy.).
- Place lettuce in large resealable bowl. Pour salad dressing into plastic container. Spoon cheese into plastic container. Pack red onion and tomatoes, if using, in a plastic bag.
- Refrigerate everything except toast until transporting to picnic. Pack everything except toast in cooler with ice or cold packs. (Pack toast at room temperature.).