1/11 Photos of (Panera Bread) Black Bean Soup
This is my own version of Panera Bread's black bean soup. It tastes a lot like it, and I love it! Use vegetable stock to make it vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 small chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 -1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1In a pot, combine the first six ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2Add half a can of beans, salt and cumin; cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Puree soup (I use an immersion blender which makes it easy to do it right in the pot).
- 4Add the rest of the beans to the soup.
- 5Combine the cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water.
- 6Add the lemon and the cornstarch to the soup; cook until thickened.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Panera Bread) Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 790.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 14.6 g