Chicken, romaine, cilantro, almonds, sesame seeds, crispy wonton strips, and an Asian sesame vinaigrette. Mmmmmmm! From America's Most Wanted Recipes - Copycat Versions of Everyone's Best-Loved Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 wonton wrappers
- canola oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 cups loosely packed bite-size pieces romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (grilled and sliced thin)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Asian Sesame Dressing
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Cut the wonton wrappers into 1/4-inch strips.
- 3Heat about 2 inches of canola oil to 365° in a heavy skillet. Fry the wonton strips in the oil until they are crisp, about 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 4Spread the almonds out on a baking sheet. Toast them in the oven for 5 minutes, toss them around, and then toast for 5 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 5To make the dressing, in a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the oil. Use a wire whisk to blend well and then slowly drizzle in the oil to create an emulsion.
- 6To assemble the salad, in a large bowl, toss the romaine lettuce, cilantro, fried wonton strips, chicken and dressing.
- 7Transfer to plates and top with the sesame seeds and almonds.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panera Bread Asian Sesame Chicken Salad - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.4
- Calories from Fat 521
- Total Fat 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 543.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar