Chicken, romaine, cilantro, almonds, sesame seeds, crispy wonton strips, and an Asian sesame vinaigrette. Mmmmmmm! From America's Most Wanted Recipes - Copycat Versions of Everyone's Best-Loved Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 wonton wrappers
- canola oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 cups loosely packed bite-size pieces romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (grilled and sliced thin)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Asian Sesame Dressing
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Cut the wonton wrappers into 1/4-inch strips.
- 3Heat about 2 inches of canola oil to 365° in a heavy skillet. Fry the wonton strips in the oil until they are crisp, about 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 4Spread the almonds out on a baking sheet. Toast them in the oven for 5 minutes, toss them around, and then toast for 5 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 5To make the dressing, in a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the oil. Use a wire whisk to blend well and then slowly drizzle in the oil to create an emulsion.
- 6To assemble the salad, in a large bowl, toss the romaine lettuce, cilantro, fried wonton strips, chicken and dressing.
- 7Transfer to plates and top with the sesame seeds and almonds.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panera Bread Asian Sesame Chicken Salad - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.4
- Calories from Fat 521
- Total Fat 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 543.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar