Recipe by Wild Thyme Flour
Deep fried, thin and crispy with all the flavour of falafel. Very economical to make and best of all kids love them. Serve in buttered soft bread rolls or pita bread or eat as a snack with a tomato dip or yogurt dip on the side. Also gluten, lactose and milk free.
- 250 g chickpea flour
- 600 ml water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, leaves finely chopped
- lemon juice
- soft bread rolls or pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Oil the paper slightly and set aside.
- Pour the cold water into a heavy based pan and add the flour in a steady stream, whisking constantly so that no lumps form. Add the salt and parsley.
- Cook over a medium-low heat , stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and pulls away from the side of the pan.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread evenly until wafer thin, about 3mm. Leave to cool completely, then cut into triangles and deep fry until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice , put inside rolls and enjoy.