Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicately flavoured dish.
- 7 ounces panir (or cottage cheese)
- 2 medium onions
- 1⁄2 ounce cashews
- 3 cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 hot green peppers (chopped chillies)
- 1 red hot pepper (red chilli)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 8 ounces fresh curds
- 6 ounces coriander (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot (grated)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cut the paneer into small cubes.
- Cut the onions into big pieces, add 3/4 teacup of water and boil.
- When cooked, blend in a mixer along with the cashewnut pieces.
- Heat the ghee and fry the cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf for 1/2 minute.
- Add the paste and fry for 1/2 minute.
- Add the ground onions and cashewnuts and fry for a little while.
- Add the green chillies and fry for little while.
- Pound the red chilli and coriander seeds and add to the gravy. Fry again for a few seconds. Take the vessel off the fire.
- Churn the curds and add to the mixture. Add salt and cook on a slow flame until the ghee comes on top.
- Add the coriander and cook for 1/2 minute.
- Finally, add the paneer and sugar and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with parathas.