Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rice with cottage cheese cubes
for the panir
- 1 1⁄2 cups panir, cut into 50 mm. (2-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup red capsicum, cut into 50 mm. (2-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, cut into thick wedges
- 1⁄2 cup thick curds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
for the rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- 2 cloves (laung)
- 1 bay leaf (tejpatta)
- 1 inch cinnamon stick (25 mm dalchini)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 sprig mint
- •For the paneer tikkas:.
- Combine the curds, gram flour, ginger paste, garlic paste, chilli powder, kasuri methi, garam masala, coriander, salt and 1 tablespoon of mustard oil and mix well to prepare a marinade.
- Add the paneer, onions and capsicum to it and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Arrange the paneer, onions and capsicum on 4 skewer sticks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil on a non-stick tava (griddle) and sauté the paneer tikkas till they are lightly browned on all sides (approx. 4 to 5 minutes). Remove from the skewer and keep aside.
- •For the rice:.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for approx.15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pan, add the cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf and cinnamon and stir.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the rice and salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of hot water. Cover and cook over a low flame for 10 to 15 minutes till the rice is cooked. Separate each grain of rice very lightly with a fork and keep aside.
- •How to proceed:.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add the paneer tikkas and rice and mix together very lightly. Cook till the rice is hot.
- Garnish with the sprig of mint and serve immediately.