1/1 Photo of Paneer Tikka Masala
Ever since I married my husband, who is from southern India, I have discovered an entirely delicious world of Indian cuisine. Below is an authentic recipe for paneer tikka masala.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package panir
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 inches fresh ginger, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons oil (for frying)
FOR THE GRAVY
- 2 large tomatoes
- 5 small green chilies
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon asafetida powder
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, disolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1Slice the paneer about 1/4 inch thick into 1-inch squares. Put into bowl and mix in ginger, salt, red chili powder, coriander, and yogurt. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 2Blend the tomatoes and green chiles into a paste. Set aside.
- 3Over medium heat with oil, gently fry the marinated paneer for about 2-3 minutes. Remove paneer and set aside.
- 4For Gravy: Add additional oil if needed. Fry cumin seeds until they sizzle. Add asafetida and bay leaves. Fry for about 10 seconds and then add chopped green pepper. Fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add the blended tomatoes, coriander powder, turmeric, and sugar. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on low heat. Add cornstarch mixture and garam masala and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 6Gently stir in paneer and allow to cook for 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and add two big handfuls of cilantro. Serve over basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paneer Tikka Masala
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.1
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 1781.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: