Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
these paneer morsels are also ideal for cooking over glowing charcoal.
- 350 g cottage cheese (paneer )
- 3⁄4 tablespoon yellow chili powder (or red chilli powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- 50 ml low-fat yogurt
- 4 -6 bamboo skewers, soaked for 20 minutes in cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- Cut the paneer into 4cm cubes. Sprinkle with the yellow chilli powder and the salt. Toss everything together and ensure the paneer is evenly coated. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Combine the gramflour with the carom seeds and yogurt. Coat each paneer cube in the spiced cream and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to its hottest setting. Thread the paneer onto the skewers and sear under the grill for 3-5 minutes on each side - until deliciously smoky and charred at the edges. Serve straight away, sprinkled with garam masala.