Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This delicious recipe is from the Food column by Anjali Vellody of the Weekend. I hope you enjoy it!
- 500 g panir, cubed (cottage cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger, peeled,washed and grated
- 1 teaspoon malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1⁄2 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1 medium onion, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, washed and chopped
- Mix paneer, yogurt, half of the garlic, half of the ginger and vinegar in a bowl.
- Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a wok.
- Once its hot, toss in the whole spices and stir-fry briefly until it's aromatic.
- Toss in the rest of the ginger, garlic and onions.
- Stir-fry until the raw smell of the ginger and garlic is gone and the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the ground spices.
- Stir-fry until aromatic.
- Gently fold in the paneer cubes and mix well.
- Add the stock and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until the gravy is thick.
- Add salt, garam masala, corriander and mint leaves.
- Stir well and serve hot with rotis.