Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is cheese stuffed Paratha from the website "Spices of India"
Make and share this Paneer Paratha recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl add the flours, salt and 1 tbsp of oil. Mix and add the water a little at a time until you have a soft dough (you might not need all of the water) Knead the dough for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and soft. Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- In a seperate bowl mix the paneer, yogurt and seasonings until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each into a 3 inch circle. Put 1/6 of the filling mixture into the center of each circe of dough and gather the edges of the dough up to the center to seal the filling inside a ball.
- Allow the balls of dough to set for 3-4 minutes and then press the ball of dough and dust it with whole wheat flour and lightly roll it into a 6 inch circle. Dust with more flour if it becomes sticky when you are rolling it.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and put the parantha in the hot skillet. When it starts to puff after about 30 seconds, turn it over and spread with about a teaspoon of oil. Flip it again and lightly press with a spatula to make sure it is evenly browned on both sides.
- Repeat with each ball of dough and serve hot. Great with chutney!