This is cheese stuffed Paratha from the website "Spices of India"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl add the flours, salt and 1 tbsp of oil. Mix and add the water a little at a time until you have a soft dough (you might not need all of the water) Knead the dough for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and soft. Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- 2In a seperate bowl mix the paneer, yogurt and seasonings until smooth.
- 3Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each into a 3 inch circle. Put 1/6 of the filling mixture into the center of each circe of dough and gather the edges of the dough up to the center to seal the filling inside a ball.
- 4Allow the balls of dough to set for 3-4 minutes and then press the ball of dough and dust it with whole wheat flour and lightly roll it into a 6 inch circle. Dust with more flour if it becomes sticky when you are rolling it.
- 5Heat a skillet on medium heat and put the parantha in the hot skillet. When it starts to puff after about 30 seconds, turn it over and spread with about a teaspoon of oil. Flip it again and lightly press with a spatula to make sure it is evenly browned on both sides.
- 6Repeat with each ball of dough and serve hot. Great with chutney!
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paneer Paratha
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.1
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 198.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: