Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This curry goes well with biryani.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 jalapeno (diced)
- 5 ounces panir (cubed)
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups spinach (loosely packed)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Heat the oil on high until the surface ripples.
- Drop one cumin seed into the oil when it is hot. If it sizzles and pops the oil is ready. Add the remaining cumin. Take care as the oil can splatter.
- Add the jalapenos and a couple of pinches of salt and stir until the chilies soften.
- Add the paneer and fry until all the sides turn golden brown.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Serve with rice or naan bread.