1/2 Photos of Paneer (Panir)
Easy to make paneer, and much better than store-bought.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water in a large pot, then add milk.
- 2Bring to a full foaming boil, stirring to prevent sticking.
- 3Lower heat, the add lemon juice stirring constantly.
- 4Soft curds should appear in 10-15 seconds, separating from the light yellow, clear whey.
- 5Remove from heat and allow to stand 5-6 minutes.
- 6Line a colander with finely woven tea towels (not cheesecloth!).
- 7Use a slotted spoon to remove the curds from the pot and into the towel-lined colander. Use fine strainer to get the smallest remainders.
- 8Gather the corners of the towels and twist into a tight ball.
- 9Put a weight (heavy pan?) on top of the ball and let it rest 10 minutes.
- 10Unwrap and use in recipe or wrap in plastic and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paneer (Panir)
Serving Size: 1 (680 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 91.0 mg
- Sodium 319.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 21.3 g