Recipe by JacquelineS
Easy to make paneer, and much better than store-bought.
Top Review by Wobin
I made this with 1 quart of milk, 1/4 cup of water and a couple squirts of lemon juice. This Panir was wonderful!! It came to a perfect, creamy, pretty little ball. Now searching for a good Palek Panir recipe to go with it (the one i tried failed... the only good thing about it was the perfect Panir). Thank you!
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water in a large pot, then add milk.
- Bring to a full foaming boil, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Lower heat, the add lemon juice stirring constantly.
- Soft curds should appear in 10-15 seconds, separating from the light yellow, clear whey.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand 5-6 minutes.
- Line a colander with finely woven tea towels (not cheesecloth!).
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the curds from the pot and into the towel-lined colander. Use fine strainer to get the smallest remainders.
- Gather the corners of the towels and twist into a tight ball.
- Put a weight (heavy pan?) on top of the ball and let it rest 10 minutes.
- Unwrap and use in recipe or wrap in plastic and refrigerate.