Kendra PeloJoaquin's Note:
Yummy Veggie Koftas! This recipe is from www.seattleguru.com. I love spinach, and paneer and koftas, so I am so happy about this recipe. Some people prefer to use tofu or cottage cheese instead of paneer, but I find that it's very easy to make my own with milk, lemon juice and cheese cloth, and TOTALLY worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g spinach
- 125 g panir
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped green chilies
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- oil (for deep frying)
- salt, as per taste
- 1 tablespoon whole garam masala
- 400 g tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chili
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi
- 50 g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar or 2 teaspoons honey
- salt, as per taste
- 1Wash spinach in plenty of running water to get rid of any dirt, soil or impurities.
- 2Blanch spinach in boiling hot water and refresh in cold water.
- 3Chop and keep aside.
- 4Add chopped green chillies, salt, chopped garlic and corn flour.
- 5Mix well and divide into 12 equal portions.
- 6Grate paneer.
- 7Add salt and mash well.
- 8Divide it into 12 small balls.
- 9Take spinach, flatten it on your palm and stuff paneer balls in it.
- 10Shape it into a ball (kofta).
- 11Deep fry for 5 minutes in moderately hot oil.
- 12Heat butter in a pan.
- 13Add Whole garam masala.
- 14Let it crackle.
- 15Then add ginger paste, garlic paste and chopped green chillies.
- 16Cook for 2 minutes.
- 17Add tomato puree, red chilli powder, Garam masala powder, salt in one cup of water.
- 18Bring it to a boil.
- 19Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 20Add sugar or honey or both and kasoori methi.
- 21Stir in fresh cream.
- 22Serve koftas cut into halves on top of makhani gravy.
- 23Do not boil koftas in the gravy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paneer Palak Kofta
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.7
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 301.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: