Recipe by bragz
Paneer in a rich tomato-based gravy.It has 0% onion ,0% garlic and 100% YUM
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
I loved this! It's very mild and rich; I couldn't stop eating it. I made a couple of minor changes...I used cardamom powder rather than the whole seeds, I used sour cream instead of the heavy cream, and I didn't strain the tomato mixture. Also, I removed the bay leaf before processing the sauce. Absolutely delicious...thanks for posting this!
- 400 g tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 inch ginger, chopped
- 250 -300 g panir, cut into cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cardamoms, skinned and crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, add the chopped tomatoes,ginger, bay leaf, cardamom, methi and chilli powder.
- Cook covered till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Cool, and grind the tomato mixture to a puree and pass through a sieve.
- Keep the tomato puree on the fire, and add salt,sugar, garam masala and cook on low flame for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes and cook till soft.
- Now add the cream keeping some for the garnish and remove from fire.
- Just before serving add the paneer pieces and garnish with beaten cream and coriander leaves.