Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Paneer in a rich tomato-based gravy.It has 0% onion ,0% garlic and 100% YUM
Make and share this Paneer Makhani recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil, add the chopped tomatoes,ginger, bay leaf, cardamom, methi and chilli powder.
- Cook covered till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Cool, and grind the tomato mixture to a puree and pass through a sieve.
- Keep the tomato puree on the fire, and add salt,sugar, garam masala and cook on low flame for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes and cook till soft.
- Now add the cream keeping some for the garnish and remove from fire.
- Just before serving add the paneer pieces and garnish with beaten cream and coriander leaves.
I loved this! It's very mild and rich; I couldn't stop eating it. I made a couple of minor changes...I used cardamom powder rather than the whole seeds, I used sour cream instead of the heavy cream, and I didn't strain the tomato mixture. Also, I removed the bay leaf before processing the sauce. Absolutely delicious...thanks for posting this!
I submitted my previous comments before rating this recipe. I definitely give it five stars. Very tasty and so easy.
Must say that this was the easiest and yet the tastiest recipe I have tried. I used ginger-garlic paste instead of the chopped ginger; omitted the bay leaf, methi, cream and sugar and mom declared that it was great just on its own! Thanks for the great recipe!