Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A colourful preparation of tomato, capsicum and cottage cheese fingers - Sanjeev Kapoor Recipe
- 400 g cottage cheese (paneer, 2 inch pieces)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 2 medium sized green capsicum
- 2 medium sized onions
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 whole dried red chilies (halved)
- 2 inches piece gingerroot (cut into thin strips)
- 1 -2 green chili (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- Cut tomatoes and capsicums into two inch long slices with one-fourth inch width. Separate the different layers of onions. Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add cumin seeds. When they change colour add red chillies.
- Add ginger julienne, green chillies and onions.
- Sauté for half a minute. Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Stir well and add capsicum. Cook for two to three minutes.
- Add paneer fingers and toss. Add salt and vinegar and cook for two to three minutes. Stir in tomato pieces and garam masala powder.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.