Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From ndtvcooks.com. Note:I use saffron instead of the kewra water. I also sometimes add 2-3 green chillies. I also use red onions as I think they taste better.
- 1 kg cottage cheese, cubed
- 300 g white onions
- 20 g ginger
- 20 g garlic
- 12 green cardamoms
- 5 g white pepper powder
- 20 g desiccated coconut
- 50 g cashew nuts
- 250 g curds
- 150 g khoya
- 150 g cream
- 250 g ghee
- 2 drops kewra essence
- Extract the juice of ginger and garlic and keep aside. Alternatively, I grind the ginger and garlic alongwith the onions.
- Grind onions separately, and the cashew nuts and coconut to a fine paste.
- In a heavy bottomed pan place the ground paste, add salt, green cardamoms, ginger garlic juice and bring to boil, then simmer.
- Cook until dry. Then add ghee and the beaten curd, and cook till fat separates. Add the nut paste and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, taking care that the masala does not brown.
- Then add white pepper and 1 1/2 cups of water, or enough to make a thick gravy.
- Add paneer Simmer for a while. Remove from fire add kewra jal, and mashed khoya. Blend well. Finally add the cream.
- Serve hot over rice.You can also serve with Indian bread.