Recipe by bragz
Paneer mixture spread on bread can make a hearty snack.This is an ideal starter or a cocktail snack. Please note,the mixture, if left over can be stored for further use.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 big potato, boiled and finely chopped
- 200 g cottage cheese, grated (paneer)
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 -5 green chilies, chopped (according to taste)
- coriander leaves, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 slices bread
- butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a kadhai or wok.
- Add onions and fry them till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, and cook till soft.
- Add potato pieces, garam masala, chilli powder and salt.
- Cook on low flame for 4 minutes,stirring thoroughly.
- Add the paneer and green chillies and mix well.
- Keep aside.
- Coat one side of bread slices with butter and place on a hot tawa.
- Keep it on low flame till bread turns crisp only on one side.
- Cut the bread slices in triangular shapes.
- Now, spread the vegetable mixture on the uncooked side and garnish with coriander.
- Finish with tomato sauce and mint chutney (optional).
- NOTE:For the calorie conscious, dry toasting can be done instead of butter.
- But one side has to remain soft.