Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
curried Prawns with paneer/cottage cheese. I dont remember where I got this recipe from, always make it for get-togethers. you can also make this with shrimps.
- 12 cooked king prawns
- 175 g panir or 175 g cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons mango powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2⁄3 cup single cream
- peel prawns and cube paneer.
- blend tomato puree, yogurt, garam masala,chilli powder, crushed garlic, salt, mango powder, ground coriander in mixing bowl and set aside.
- melt butter or ghee wtih corn oil in heavy based pan. lower heat and quickly fry paneer cubes and prawns for 2 minutes.
- remove with slotted spoon and drain.
- pour in spice mixture into the pan and stir fry for 1 minute. add the paneer and prawns.
- cook for 7 - 10 minutes, stirring occasionally till prawns are heated through.
- add chillies, chopped coriander and pour in cream.
- heat through for 2 minutes, garnish with remaining coriander and serve immediately.