Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Indian fresh cheese. Use it for any recipe that calls for paneer.
Make and share this Paneer recipe from Food.com.
- Line a colander with a triple layer of cheesecloth and set in the sink.
- Bring the milk and salt to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the vinegar or lemon juice. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the milk curdles, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the milk mixture through the cheesecloth and let the curds drain for 10 minutes.
- Pull the edges of the cheesecloth together to form a pouch and twist the pouch to squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the cheese curds.
- Place the taut, twisted cheese pouch between two large plates. Weigh down the top plate with a heavy Dutch oven, heavy cans or brick.
- Set aside at room temperature until the cheese is firm and set, about 30 minutes.
- When the cheese is a firm block, cut it into 1-inch cubes. At this point, the cheese can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 day.