1/1 Photo of Paneed Pork Medallions
These are very good and tasty! This came from Emerils site. Update: 01/25/09 these have been posted for the longest yet nobody noticed the typo - I had panned instead of paneed in the title of the dish. ;) Sorry, I hope it doesn't happen again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, trimmed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2-3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon spice essence
ESSENCE CREOLE SEASONING OR BAYOU BLAST
- 1MAKE SEASONING:.
- 2Combine all ingredients thoroughly - yield 2/3 cup.
- 4Diagonally slice the pork into 8(3 oz) medallions, about 1/2" think each.
- 5Lightly season both sides of the medallions with salt and pepper.
- 6Place 3/4 cup flour in small shallow bowl.
- 7Place the egg wash in a separate small shallow bowl and the bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- 8Sesson the flour, egg wash and bread crumbs with 1 teaspoon each of the Essence.
- 9Dredge pork in seasoned flour, dip in egg mixture, then coat thoroughly with crumbs, shaking off excess after each layer.
- 10In a large, oven-proof sauté pan heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- 11Add the breaded pork and cook until first side is golden, about 2 minutes.
- 12Turn medallions and transfer pan to oven.
- 13Bake for 3-4 minutes, or until a thermometer, inserted into the thickest portion registers 150ºF.
- 14Cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
- 15Serve with spaetzle, hot buttered noodles, or garlic mashed potatoes, a green salad and some nice wine.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paneed Pork Medallions
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 770.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.1 mg
- Sodium 3794.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 52.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: