Recipe by drhousespcatcher
From Thai Food- David Thompson
Top Review by Chrissyo
I use this exact recipe many times. I mainly use it with seafood. Great with prawns/shrimp or a meaty fish like swordfish. I have used this curry paste with: Crocodile meat. YUM. Thank you Mean Chef for posting this recipe. By the way, I would love to eat a meal cooked by you.
- 59.16 ml peanuts (boiled or roasted and cooled)
- 10 long dried Thai chiles, stemmed and soaked
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml coriander, root scraped and chopped
- 22.18 ml galangal, grated
- 14.79 ml lemongrass, chopped
- 44.37 ml shallots, chopped
- 29.58 ml garlic, chopped
- 1 nutmeg, coarsely pounded and briefly roasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound all ingredients with a mortar an pestle until completely smooth, adding the peanuts last. (Or being a lazy cuss I use the blender).
- Although recipe makes enough for a curry dish with only 2 servings, you can make as much as you like and refrigerate or freeze in small portions.
- This is an adopted recipe.