Recipe by Sage
This is a recipe I found for World Tour 2006.I was told it is a very delicious Passover dish. Have not tried but it sure looks good.I would cut the recipe in half.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup plus light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 head fresh garlic, pureed
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 ounces olives, pitted and halved
- 5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- 8 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, halved
- 2 (16 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 9- by 12-inch or similar size baking dish, mix the wine vinegar, 1/2 cup of the olive oil, the oregano, parsley, garlic, kosher salt, pepper, bay leaves, and olives. Add the chicken breasts and marinate, covered with foil, in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day sprinkle with the brown sugar and red wine. Bake for 1 hour, covered, in a preheated 350-degree oven. Cool
- Remove the chicken breasts and cut into bite-size chunks and return to the baking dish.
- In a frying pan saute the shallots in the margarine and remaining tablespoon olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
- Pour the sun-dried tomatoes mixture over the chicken and reheat in the 350-oven for about 15 minutes. Discard the bay leaves and serve with a large green salad and saffron rice.