Recipe by fawn512
Staple Filipino bread
Top Review by Chef Netteski
Now I can make my own pandesal and make it more healthier by not adding margarine or shortening on it since they contain an excessive amount of arteficial fat, which is the transfat or the synonymous word for it is hydrogenated fat. Better use the butter, at least it's natural and the lesser evil compared to transfat. :) Thanks for posting.
- 500 g bread flour
- 7 1⁄2 g salt
- 50 g sugar
- 17 1⁄2 g yeast
- 300 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 40 g margarine
- breadcrumbs, for rolling the dough with
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350ºF.
- Knead all ingredients 10 minutes, adding more flour as needed to achieve a tacky dough (I add around 1/4 cup more).
- Place in floured table, shape into a smooth ball. Bulk ferment for 1 hour (45 minutes for me).
- Divide into 3, make into a fat log, rest 30 minutes (I rested 15 minutes).
- Roll into breadcrumbs, rest 35 minutes (mine rested 5 minutes).
- Cut about 2 inches, reroll in crumbs. Proof 25 minutes.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.