Recipe by threeovens
These are eaten as an afternoon snack with cocoa or tea or for breakfast or brunch.
- 2⁄3 cup cassava starch (yuca flour tapioca starch)
- 1⁄4 cup precooked cornmeal (masarepa)
- 1 cup fresh cheese (queso fresco or quesito)
- 1 1⁄4 cups feta cheese
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Process yuca flour, cheese, and masarepa in a food processor until well combined; slowly add egg while processor is running.
- Divide dough into 12 equal portions; shape into balls.
- Place shaped balls on a parchment lined baking sheet; bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.